1. Tools that were really helpful in this class in completing my projects were PVC pipes because they were used to roll out clay and I also used one as the base and shape of one of my projects that I turned into a vase. Also the Jigsaw was an essential tool for one of my projects because when I was making a bird house I had a specific type of wood that couldn't handle a regular hand saw so I needed the Jigsaw to cut my pieces of wood.
2. When I first started this class I basically had no idea what tools to use for what and how to use them but I know now. My growth of understanding has grown throughout the semester and throughout the types of projects I was doing. I used to be afraid of the Jigsaw and now I can use one effectively and efficiently. The pottery wheel intimidated me at first because I knew it wasn't as easy as it looked but now I am no longer scared and can embrace anything that I created off of it.
1. What was your favorite material that you used this year? Why do you like working with it?
-My favorite material to work with was definitely clay because working with clay was the reason I wanted to take this class. I honestly like working with it because it's fun and it kind of just reminded me of being younger and playing with Playdoh. I also like how you can do so many different things with this medium.
2. What is a technique that you used in your artwork that worked well? Explain what technique it was and why it was successful.
-A technique that worked really well for me in one of my projects was throwing clay. I based one of my projects on only that. I had a lot of fun throwing clay and loved the way my finished product turned out.
3. Which project was your most successful? Describe the theme and or topic and the process you went through to complete the project.
-I think one of my most successful projects was my birdhouse which I did for the dwelling project. The process I went through was making a clay flower to decorate the birdhouse and using that as a hole to enter the birdhouse. I then had to cut my wood pieces and glue them together, then paint my wood, and then create a roof out of twigs.